Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Realizations from saying goodbye to Mazy The Mazda
Today I said goodbye to Mazy (my Mazda). It was actually a really hard time for me. As I was cleaning out all of the different compartments of my car, i began to realize that tears were rolling down my cheeks. Its hard to believe that such a faithful car that traveled the U.S. with me and how she never disappointed me when I just had to get out of time or even offered a place to stay for the night. I found scissors bought from a trip in some dollar store on my way to Missouri with Cindy before our trek across the nation. I discovered bachlorette playing cards from a wild adventure in Denver for Nikki. Bobby pins, cds, shoes, and tire chains that reminded me of the Donner pass and peoples obsession of glorifying that whole tragedy, memories of crazy fun times with Chris. Saying good bye to this car really made me realize that just certain memories of my life are just memories now and sadly I guess its just time to let go of it...considering those memories are just that- memories. New memories will come and go. Saying good bye is hard by letting go is harder...i guess the new chapter really has begun...I suppose Mazy hung around longer then just the college years and I'm thankful for that...hopefully those memories will hang around for longer yet remind me that with Mazy those times have flown out the window. With a new car approaching and being discovered (hopefully soon) new memories of being spontaneous, blind and unwaivering love, friends, and new risks will arise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Here is a little poem for Mazy
ReplyDeleteMazy Mazy
Mazy mazy, brought on so much crazy
Traveled the US all in a few days
Left us so tired we were dazed
Never hesitating to go by porn shops
May that damn jeep get stolen to chop
Mazy Mazy, some times were hazy
Those of pulling off interstates
To sit back while we played with our mates
To Missouri, Cali, and back again
You definitely rated right at ten
Mazy Mazy, you were never lazy
Catching up to show my moon and stars
To those nice mormons in that car
Racing to garage sales
Getting there never fails
Mazy Mazy, good times of blazy
Roger canyon was never rare
Soon to be replaced with Blaire
May these memories always be remembered
Rest in peace this September
Oh sad... poor Mazy. I remember riding around for hours looking for Boshee (sp?) when he got hit by the Wyotech kid and Gina was freaking out. It was cold but we drove around for hours to find the beloved dog... RIP Mazy!
ReplyDelete