Sunday, August 16, 2009

Its just not my place anymore

Saturday, August 15th, was Layla and Aidan's third birthday party. Cindy and Kendall certainly went all out this year! The backyard was full of decorations, games for adults, and games for the kids. It seemed like the kids were having the time of their lives! While I had fun playing and watching the kids, the realization of people's pettiness and who my real friends really are (or were) came to me.

Although i knew the situation was going to be awkward before going to the party, I never realized how awkward it was. On top of that- it was hurtful sitting by myself for 2 hours with little interaction from people who i thought were my friends. The little interaction didn't bother me too much until I realized i was being completely ignored by some and was being whispered about.

I am glad to know that I don't have to deal with that drama anymore. It is obvious to me who i can count on and can consider my friend and the rest of them - i just don't care! Sometimes the best way to learn a lesson is the hardest way.

Before i end this rant, i would like to express that certain things in a person's life is no body's business but their own. Second, whispering about a person who is less then five feet away and asking "what is she doing here" or "I can't believe she came" is not only rude but also can be heard. Third, the people whispering should probably shut their own mouths and stop trying to create unnecessary drama. Finally, it is good to see who really is an adult, who is a child, who is a petty drama queen, people's maturity level, and the fact that I am actually glad I know who is a true friend.

I am happy to say - that its just not my place anymore - and truthfully i'm glad I was able to see people for who they really are.

1 comment:

  1. Im sorry about how you felt Em, it meant a lot to Kendall, Layla, Aidan, and me that you did come though, and i think that was the bigger picture. I always thought i would get past the drama but i guess it still hangs around no matter how old a person gets. We love you and i wish i could've had more time to spend with you, i feel i didn't get to sit down and talk with anybody really so i could keep the party moving along. You have been there for us since the beginning and that is something we will always know despite the opinions of other friends. Remember, despite the comments you were there for the kids and us and we are thankful for that! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete